Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Reunion

     Going home was much needed. I was antsy to see my friends, my family, and of course my girlfriend. However, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving break without bumper-to-bumper traffic all the way home, so it naturally took a long five hours to reach the Jersey Shore.
     After sitting in rainy traffic, peeing in water bottles and eating crappy rest-stop hot dogs, I finally made it to my cozy suburban home. My family greeted me with a nice home cooked meal, and Leah (my girlfriend) came over to watch a movie. It was great to see these faces, but I'd seen them recently. I wanted to see the people that I hadn't seen since August, and for that reason, I asked my parents to let me have a few friends over on Thanksgiving Eve.
     What was originally supposed to be five or ten friends resulted in about thirty people all standing in my newly finished basement. The roar of people saying hello to each other mixed with "Today's Greatest Hits" playing in the background didn't make my parents too happy. Around 12 a.m., they asked me to make everyone leave. One by one, my old friends made their way out the door, and by 2 o'clock in the morning, I was alone to clean up the mess that these slobs had made.
     I wasn't upset. I didn't mind cleaning up at all; in fact, I kind of enjoyed it. I hadn't seen my friends in months, and the fact that I was the one to host their homecoming was an honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment